Grace Christian School makes all admission decisions without regard to financial status. Families who have reviewed their financial situation and feel that help may be needed in paying tuition should apply for aid. Multiple child tuition discounts are available. Financial aid awards are available at any grade level to students who demonstrate need.
In determining need, the guidelines of the School and Student Services by NAIS (SSS) are used. Each award is individualized based upon the financial assessment of each applicant. It is important to note that GCS may not be able to accommodate all financial aid applicants in a given year. Applications received in the Admissions Office by February 15 will receive first priority relative to aid dollars available.
All families applying for financial aid for the first time should contact the Admissions Office. Families currently receiving aid must submit a new application each year. If the family’s financial circumstances remain the same, the school will make every effort to assist a family at the same level of aid.
The Financial Aid Committee will make awards in the spring based upon the evaluation of School and Student Services by NAIS and our own assessment of the data submitted.
Financial Aid Application procedures:
- Complete Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) online no later than February 15.
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family using the email address and password set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2017-2018. Download the PFS Online Workbook and refer to on-screen help for guidance along the way. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $42 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- Mail copy of Income Tax Return that was filed with the IRS for the 2016 tax year and W-2’s no later than February 15 to the Admissions Office at GCS. Please do not upload these documents with your PFS.
- Review assessment (Family Report) from SSS upon receipt. You may access your Family Report in 24 hours.
Grace Christian School is also fortunate to have a number of scholarships available to our students. In addition to demonstrated financial need, specific criteria such as academic achievement and leadership potential are also components of a separate scholarship application process. Receiving a scholarship is a great honor; therefore, the process is both competitive and selective. A selection committee will review the completed applications and announce the scholarship recipients in early March. Scholarship applications are available online and in the Admissions Office. Deadline: February 15, 2017.
Scholarship opportunities will be posted in January for the 2017-18 school year:
All of this information is subject to change pending the needs of the school.